Welcome to Center for Focused Care. We provide the region’s first outpatient office to offer Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS). Providing optimal behavioral health care and treatment is our passion. Our staff is highly trained, experienced and professional, and entirely committed to providing compassionate care to every client. We are pleased to be able to offer Neurostar® TMS Therapy and MagVenture to our patients. Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Therapy is one of the most technologically advanced depression treatments available. This non-invasive, outpatient therapy is FDA approved and has helped thousands of depressed patients who have not received adequate results from antidepressants.
What to Expect:
- You will be scheduled to discuss whether TMS is an appropriate treatment. At that time, there will be a review of your symptoms, treatment history, and possible treatment options.
- If TMS is the right treatment for you, treatment sessions can be scheduled to begin.
- We will also make an appointment for you with our financial counselor that will be able to help you with all billing questions.
- Each treatment will last 10-20 minutes during which you will be awake and alert. If you wish, you can watch television or listen to music during the TMS session. Our highly trained TMS Technician will be present with you for daily treatments.
- A usual course of treatment for depression involves sessions 5 days a week for 6 weeks, although this can vary depending on your response. As you progress through your treatment, we will regularly assess with you your status and determine the eventual number of treatments. The therapist and the physician will see you once a week.
- You can drive and can resume your normal activity. TMS is non-invasive, meaning it does not involve surgery, and non-systemic. Typical TMS side effects are transient and mild irritation or discomfort at the treatment site and headache.